Calling for Abstracts for Our 2021 Special Issue
Guest Editors Gloria Salvo, Henrik Falconer and Rene Pareja would like to announce a Special Issue of the International Journal of Gynecological Cancer focusing on fertility and ovarian function preservation in women with cancer to be published in Spring 2021. Physicians and researchers are invited to submit an Abstract for one of the following Article Types:
- Original Article
- Review Article
- Clinical Trial
- Video Article
Suggested topics of particular interest include (but not limited to):
- Conservative management of cervical cancer
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in cervical cancer
- Fertility preservation in gestational trophoblastic disease
- Fertility preservation in BRCA, Lynch syndrome, Li Fraumeni syndrome patients
- Fertility preservation in the pediatric and adolescent cancer patients.
- Fertility sparing/preservation in rare ovarian tumors
- Fertility preservation techniques: ovarian transposition, uterine transposition or uterine transplantation
- Cryopreservation of human embryos and oocytes for fertility preservation in cancer
- Fertility preservation review of society guidelines
- Fertility preservation in cancer diagnosed during pregnancy
Basic science and translational research manuscripts are not considered for publication in this Special Issue
For full descriptions of each article type, visit IJGC’s Instructions for Authors at: https://ijgc.bmj.com/pages/authors/
Abstracts must be submitted by Sunday, May 31, 2020.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Guest Editors. Authors of selected Abstracts will then be invited to submit full manuscripts for formal peer review. Authors can expect to receive notice via email as to whether their abstract has been selected by Monday, June 15, 2020.
Complete manuscripts must be submitted for peer review no later than Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
Abstracts should be sent to the IJGC Editorial Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the email subject line “Abstract Submission for Special Issue.” Abstracts should be submitted in an MS Word doc and contain the following:
- Corresponding author, including full name, email address, and institution
- Author list, including full names and institutions (Limit of 20 authors)
- Article type (Original Article, Review Article, Clinical Trial, or Video Article)
- Abstract (Follow word count and format guidelines for the article type: https://ijgc.bmj.com/pages/authors/#article_type. Original Research and Review Articles have abstract word limits of 300 words; Video Articles have an abstract word limit of 350 words.)
Prior to submitting their manuscript, authors may wish to review IJGC’s Author Guide Video at http://players.brightcove.net/2696240571001/VyQDdgBTl_default/index.html?videoId=5846324881001