Call for Applications: International Journal of Gynecological Cancer (IJGC) Social Media Editors
International Journal of Gynecological Cancer is the primary educational and informational publication for topics relevant to detection, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of gynecologic malignancies. Its content is read by gynecologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, and research scientists with a special interest in gynecological oncology. IJGC emphasizes a multidisciplinary approach and includes original research, reviews, and video articles. IJGC is the official journal of the International Gynecologic Cancer Society and the European Society of Gynaecological Oncology. In expanding its social media presence, IJGC is seeking new social media editors, to start January 1, 2023. The appointment will be for 24 months. The goal of this position is to be part of the IJGC social media team in promoting the journal and its content on social media. IJGC is currently active on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. The applicants should already be facile with social media. The position is ideal for a resident (in a nonclinical academic/research time), a clinical fellow or early career gynecologic oncologist.
The social media editors will:
- Work directly with the current social media team and administrative fellow
- Be listed on the journal’s editorial board webpage
- Participate in annual editorial board meeting
- Receive free registration for an annual society meeting, IGCS or ESGO
- Work with the social media team to prepare one social media post for every article published
- Work with authors to create a visual abstract for selected manuscripts
- Plan and deliver content across different platforms using Sprout Social
- Devise creative posts highlighting past IJGC articles on social media
- Create posts to promote weekly podcasts
- Assist in promotion of monthly journal club
- Approximately 3-4 hours per week time commitment
To apply: Interested applicants should email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2022. 1. A statement of interest (maximum 250 words) which explains the applicant’s interest in gynecologic oncology and highlights how this position fits within their career goals 2. CV (curriculum vitae) 3. Provide your social media handles 4. Provide a creative and engaging draft post for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram promoting a previously published article in IJGC
Selection Process: Editors will be selected after application evaluation and an interview process. IGCS, ESGO, and IJGC are committed to the mission of diversity, equity and inclusion. For questions, contact email@example.com.